Brig Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim was born on 13 July 1967. He hails from Nasarawa Local Government area of Nasarawa State. The Registrar obtained BA (History), PGDE, (MA)History and Ph D(History) from University of Jos (1985-1989), Tai Solari University of Education, Ijebu-Ode ( 2007), University of Jos, (1991-1992) and University of Abuja, (2002-2007) respectively.
In the Military profession, he served in different places at various capacities, these include:
- Institute of Army Education (IAE) (Research Officer) Researched and Produced Nigerian Army Journals and Briefs for the Nigerian Army in particular and the military in general
- NYSC (Military Assistant to the DG NYSC) 1996 – 1999 Represented the DG and participated in several seminars on Youth Development for prospective Corps Members in Tertiary Institutions
- National Defence College (NDC) 2004 – 2009(Staff Officer I Military History)
- Supervised participants projects along with Director Military History
- Member of syndicate discussion
- Thought Military History to participants
- Head of Raporteur Teams in all seminars conducted at the NWC and later NDC
- Member of Panels for Project Defence by Participants
- Presentation of paper on Stress and Time Management
- Management of the NDC Hall of Fame and Member and later Secretary of the Committee for the establishment of the same.
- Liaises with the African Centre for Research of the NDC.
- Participated in seminars and tours with participants in:
- Malaysia and
- Several States of the Federation
- Appointed NODAL Servicom Officer of the NDC. Organized Seminars on attitudinal change and service delivery for staff and personnel.
- Attended seminars organized by the Presidency on Servicom.
- Nigerian Army School of Education (Senior Instructor) 2009 – 2011. Participated in several seminars and conferences organized by TETFUND
- Presented and moderated papers at the Nigerian Army Education Corps Conferences.
- Headquarters Nigerian Army Education Corps (Staff Officer I Books Resources Procurement) 2011 – 2012
- Command Secondary School Suleja (Commandant) 2012 – 2014
- Nigerian Defence Academy 2014 – 2018
Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) 2000 – 2004 Taught 100 and 200 levels
Member of several Committees between 2000-2004
Head of Department, History and War Studies 2015- 2018
Member Nigerian Defence Academy Establishment Review Committee 2016
Member Research and Development (now incorporation Research Committee Grant-committee) 2016
Member Academy Publication Committee
Desk Officer TETfund
Desk Officer NEEDS Assessment
Member NDA Project Monitoring Committee
Member Editorial Board for the Review of the Book: Nigeria’s Anti-terror War Against the Boko Haram: The Turning Point and Lessons for National Security by OBC Nwolise conveyed by the Chief of Army Staff
Member Editorial Board that conveyed the Report of the Editorial Committee Convened by Lt Gen TY Buratia (N7630) NAM OMM (BR) GSS psc (+) ndc (BD) FCMH FNHAM BA (Hons) MA MPHil Chief of Army Staff Nigerian Army to Edit Three Books/Materials on Global Terrorism and Boko Haram in Nigeria.
He also served as;
- Member of the Committee Planning for the Smooth take-off of Degree Programme, PGDE, NCE Sandwich, Distance Learning and Part-Time Courses at the Nigerian Army School of Education (NASE), Ilorin.
- Member Nigerian Army Education Committee to draw a Module on Teaching for the protection of Cultural Property during Armed Conflict.
His research area centered on Economic and Military History as well as Intergroup Relations. He has published a good number of works in the area among which are:
- Shuaibu Ibrahim, The Transformation of Afo (Eloyi) from the Pre-Colonial to the Colonial Period, London: Bahiti and Delila Publishers, 2017. ISBN: 978-978-55091-0-6
- Shuaibu Ibrahim, Ojong Echum Tangban et al (eds.), Defence, Security, Economy and Development in Nigeria 1, UK: Bahiti and Delila Publishers, 2017.
- Shuaibu Ibrahim, Ojong Echum Tangban et al (eds.), Defence, Security, Economy and Development in Nigeria 1I, UK: Bahiti and Delila Publishers, 2017.
- Shuaibu Ibrahim (ed) Journal of History and Military Studies Vol 1 No 1,
- Shuaibu Ibrahim (ed) Journal of History and Military Studies Vol 1 No 2
- Shuaibu Ibrahim (ed) Journal of History and Military Studies Vol 2 No 1
- Shuaibu Ibrahim (ed) Journal of History and Military Studies Vol 2 No 2
- Shuaibu Ibrahim (ed) Journal of History and Military Studies Vol 3 No 1.
- Shuaibu Ibrahim Revisiting Ethno-Religious Crisis in Plateau State. Mediterranean Journal of Social Science, 2017 (forthcoming)
- Shuaibu Ibrahim Electioneering and National Security in Nigeria. Journal of African History and Culture, 2017 (forthcoming)
- Shuaibu Ibrahim, Election and Good Governance in Nigeria: implication for National Security NASE Journal
- Shuaibu Ibrahim,Origin, Migrations and Settlements of the Eloyi (Afo) People IJHIS, 14, No 1, June 2012
- Shuaibu Ibrahim, Eloyi (Afo) Pre-Colonial Political Organisation IJHIS, 15, No 1, June 2013
- Shuaibu Ibrahim, “Perennial Conflict in North Central Nigeria” Journal of History and Military Studies Vol,1, No1, Feb, 2015
- Shuaibu Ibrahim “Jos Crisis: Internally Displaced Persons and Implications for National Security, Journal History and Military Studies 1, No 2 Dec,2015.
- Shuaibu Ibrahim, “Civil Society and Good Governance in Nigeria, 1999-2015: An Assessment” European Scientific Journal, European Scientific Institute, ESI. http://journals.indexcopernicus.com/European+Scientific+Journal,p4190,3.html.
- Shuaibu Ibrahim, TETFund, Research and Development and Nigeria’s Higher Education, Journal of Defence Management, 2360 Corporate Circle, Henderson, NV, USA.
Chapters in Books
- Shuaibu Ibrahim “Leadership and Military Ethics” in Chukwuma CC Osakwe (ed.), Leadership and Complex Military Operations, Kaduna: Nigerian Defence Academy Publishers, 2016.
- Shuaibu Ibrahim, “The Implications of Herders and Farmers Conflicts on Nigeria’s Security System” in ND Muhammad (ed) Emerging Issues in Herders and Farmers Conflict, Lagos: NDA Press, 2017, pp.195-208.
- Shuaibu Ibrahim and Bem Japhet Audu, “Inter-group Relations in Lokoja, 1900-1950”, in A Suberu and BJ Audu (eds.), History, Economy and Society of Lokoja, London: Bahiti Publishers, 2007, pp.67-94.
- Shuaibu Ibrahim, “The Social Organization of the Eloyi of Central Nigeria” Festschrift in honour of Prof JD Nengel, Department of History Nasarawa State University (Forthcoming).
- Shuaibu Ibrahim and Udeagbala Lawrence O, “The Nigerian Navy and Demobilization, Disarmament and Reintegration of Ex-Militants in the Niger Delta Region, in CCC Osakwe (eds.) Studies in DDR, Kaduna: NDA Press, 2017, pp.158-172. ISBN: 778-778-960-726-6
- Global Terrorism: The Nigeria Experience. Eds: Maj Gen M Mohammed and Maj Gen LF Abdullahi.
- Chapter: 3 Historical Perspectives of Terrorism.
- Terrorism In a Globalized World in the 20 and 21st Centuries Chapter 4 Published by Army Headquarters, Abuja 2017
- Shuaibu Ibrahim and Bem Japhet Audu, “The Study of Nigeria’s Military History and National Diplomat” in Philip Afala, Jacynta Nwaka and David Ajayi (eds) Advocacy for History: A Festschrift on Professor CBN Ogbogbo, Ibadan, University of Ibadan, 2018. Forthcoming.
- Shuaibu Ibrahim, “The Imposition of Colonial Rule on Loko” a research project presented to the Department of History, University of Jos, Jos, in 1989 in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the award of B.A degree in History.
- Shuaibu Ibrahim, “The History of Eloyi in the Pre-colonial Period” M. A thesis presented to the Department of History, University of Jos, 1992.
- Shuaibu Ibrahim, “The Transformation of the Eloyi (Afo) from the Pre-colonial to the Colonial Period” Ph.D thesis presented to the Department of History, University of Abuja, Abuja, 2006.
- Shuaibu Ibrahim “Universal Basic Education and National Development” PGDE Project, Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu-Ode, 2007.
He also attended several seminars and conferences among which are:
- Exams Ethics organized by the Exam Ethics Marshal International in Accra, Ghana, 2014 and 2015
- Record keeping and documentation workshop, organized by the National archives of Nigeria and National Teachers Institute.
- 55th Historical Society of Nigeria Conference at ABU Zaria.
- 60th Historical Society of Nigeria Conference at UNIABUJA 2015
- Training organized by ECOWAS on Conflict Resolution in West Africa.
- 2015 Conference on Technology-Assisted Learning organized by National Universities Commission, American University of Nigeria & The Digital Promise Foundation, 31 August – 1 September 2015.
- African Conference 2015: Entrepreneurship Education for Sustainable Development in Africa by Faculty of Education, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 16-19 September, 2015.
- Nigerian Army Education Corps Conferences
- Conference on Entrepreneurship, Atlanta, USA, April 2015
- A Training Workshop on the Nigerian Universities Electronic Teaching and Learning Platform 26 – 28 October 2016 by Spectrum
- Historical Society of Nigeria Sokoto Conference, presented a paper titled: Civil Society in the fourth Republic: An Assessment 2017
- Workshop on Exam Ethics Organized by the Exam Ethics Marshal International 25 – 27 May 2017
- Resource Person at Third Leadership and Complex Military Operation Package 3 – 5 July 2017
- Resources Person at Army War College Nigerian 28 August 2017
- NDA 2017 Lecture Series
- Chief of Army Staff Quarterly Conference 10 – 15 De 17 at Ibadan.
The Registrar is a member of Historical Society of Nigeria (HSN), Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (MTRCN), Exam Ethics Marshal International (An Exam Ethics Marshal) Vice President FCT Chapter, Editorial Board, Ibom Journal of History, University of Uyo, Editor-in-Chief, Journal of History and Military Studies, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna and Historical Society of Nigeria (HSN).
He supervised Masters and Ph D Thesis among which are:
- Usman Mohammed Musa. Title: The Military the Politician and Constitution Making in Nigeria 1975- 1999
- Nseobong Ekong Nkanga. Title: Trade and Economic Integration within Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Sub-Region: A Case Study of the Littoral Trade 1984 – 2014
- Ahmed Mohammed Bage, Title: Railway in the Growth and Development of Lafia 1920– 1980
The Brig Gen Ibrahim earned several awards of distinction among which are:
- Forces Service Star (FSS) 2007
- b. Meritorious Service Star (MSS) 2012
- c. Distinguished Service Star (DSS) 2018
- Chief of Army Staff Award as the Overall Best Participant for 2013 NAEC Executive Management Course with a Paper on “Election and Good Governance in Nigeria”
- National Institute for Public Relation (NIPR) Special Recognition Award 2014.
- Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Public Services/Fellowship FCAI by Institute of Corporate Administration.
- Professional National Award (Historical Society of Nigeria HSN)
- COAS Commendation Letter 2018
- Assessed for Promotion from Senior Lecturer to Associate Professor at NDA 2017/2018
He is married and blessed with children. His Hobbies include Watching Football and Current Affairs.