- December 8, 2019
- Posted by: NAUB
- Categories: ACADEMIC NEWS, NIGERIAN ARMY, VACANCY
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POSITION OF VICE – CHANCELLOR
The Governing Council of the Nigerian Army University Biu hereby announces the vacancy of the position of Vice-Chancellor of the University.
In accordance with the provisions of the Universities Miscellaneous Provision Act No. 11 of 1993 as amended; the Governing Council invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates with experience in University administration for the post.
The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and the Academic Head of the University. He/She is the Chairman of the Senate and Congregation and member of the Governing Council. The Vice-Chancellor shall among other duties:
- Promote research, teaching and high standard of academic excellence;
- Be responsible to Council for the maintenance of peace, law and order in the University;
- Be competent at all times to advise the Council on all matters affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University;
- Regulate the admission of students, subject to the guidelines and procedures approved by the Senate and other statutory bodies;
- Be responsible for staff and students’ discipline and welfare in the University.
Applicants for the position of Vice-Chancellor, Nigerian Army University Biu must be distinguished scholars with outstanding academic and administrative records. He/she must be a proven manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the person must; –
- Have spent not less than fifteen (15) years in the University system with at least seven (7) years experience as Professor with the ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University;
- Have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University. Hence, a vision statement not exceeding 1000 words is required;
- Be able to attract research grants and complementary funds from Local and International Agencies, and further uplift the academic status of the University;
- Possess personal integrity in the management of funds and be able to deploy financial resources as appropriate in the context of the University’s strategic plan;
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills, possess the ability to build bridges between staff, students and members of the University Community and other stakeholders;
- Have demonstrable abilities to establish; and maintain partnerships with Local, International, Government Agencies and Organization;
- Be an individual who, judging from his/her track records, is likely to command the respect as well as the loyalty of the members of staff and University Community;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to attract, motivate and retain highly skilled and talented staff (Teaching and Non-teaching);
- Be able to exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract extra statutory funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University;
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Be in position to ensure the enforcement of the University’s laws and regulations;
- Be information and technology proficient and be committed to the development of ICT into the University programmes and services;
- Be of excellent physical and mental health;
- Not be more than Sixty-five (65) years of age.
Applicants who have served or are currently serving in any Military Institution will have an added advantage.
TENURE AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The Vice-Chancellor shall hold the office for a single, non-renewable term of Five (5) years. The remuneration and conditions of service for the post shall be as applicable in Federal Universities.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are required to submit thirty (30) copies of their application and curriculum vitae under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked “Post of Vice Chancellor” at the top left corner of the envelope directly to “The Registrar, Nigerian Army University Biu, P. M. B. 1500 Biu, Borno State, not later than six (6) weeks from the day of this advertisement. The candidate’s vision statement for the University during his/her tenure if appointed should be attached to the application. The application must include academic and professional qualifications, birth certificate or declaration of age, list of publication, verifiable evidence of work experience and curriculum vitae that include the following among other information:
- Full name (Surname, First name, Middle name);
- Post applied for;
- Place and state of birth;
- State of Origin;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Correspondence address (if different from permanent address);
- Mobile phone number;
- E-mail address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and ages of children (if any);
- Educational Institutions attended with dates;
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates;
- Professional qualification(s) obtained with dates;
- Work experience including full details;
- Community service(s) and research experience;
- Full details of teaching and research experience;
- List of publications and dates where applicable;
- Extra-Curricular Activities;
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be from the last or current place of employment.
All referees should be asked to send their independent reports to the Registrar with full details of the applicant and the post applied for, not later than the closing date of this advertisement.
Registrar/Secretary to Council