- January 11, 2022
- Posted by: DICT
- Categories: ACADEMIC NEWS, NIGERIAN ARMY
1. On Monday 10th January, at about 1400 hrs, gun men suspected to be members of Boko Haram attacked the Tukur Yusufu Buratai Institute for War and Peace (TBI), a research Institute of the Nigerian Army University located some 40 kilometers away from Biu, but were robustly repelled by the ever ready troops stationed at the Institute.
2. The terrorists who came in their numbers were met by superior firepower forcing them to retreat in disarray. Unfortunately, 2 civilian staff of the Institute paid the supreme price.
3. Management wishes to commend troops for their gallantry during the attack and to commiserate with families of the fallen staff.
4. Finally, Management wishes to assure the general public that the Instititute remains 100% operational as Security has been beefed up in the general area.