ADMISSIONS INTO PRELIMINARY AND REMEDIAL PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2018/2019 ACADEMIC SESSION
- The Nigerian Army University Biu (NAUB) is a public tertiary institution established to engage in imparting knowledge and skills to students using specialized facilities and multi-disciplinary approach; a centre of excellence for various innovative researches and development in military science and technology, logistic management, humanities and other related disciplines.
- Admission into the Preliminary and Remedial programmes are open to the general public. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the one-year programmes.
- The two programmes are aimed at preparing students for the 2019/2020 UTME test. The Remedial Programme section also offers SPECIAL classes for students with deficiencies in their O-Levels.
- The two programmes generally last for Nine (9) months divided into two semesters. During this period, students are exposed to intensive lectures from Mondays to Thursdays every week and a weekly C.A. test on Fridays.
- The programmes are designed to offer students a variety of options. Each option combines three (3) Preliminary/Remedial subjects in all the Faculties of the University.
- Preliminary Programme: To gain admission into the Preliminary programme, candidates must pass five (5) O’ level subjects at credit level in WAEC or its equivalents including English Language and Mathematics.
- Remedial Programme: Candidates aspiring to gain admission into the NAUB Remedial programme must have obtained at least three (3) credits and two (2) passes in English Language, General Mathematics and any other subject(s) in WASSC/NECO or its equivalents.
GROUPS & SUBJECT COMBINATIONS
- All successfully admitted and registered students are placed into one of the under listed academic groups:
- Faculty of Computing: Physics, Mathematics, and Computer Studies.
- Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences. Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Faculty of Environmental Sciences.(i) Maths, Biology and Chemistry.(ii) Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Geography.
- Faculty of Arts, Management and Social Sciences.(i) Arabic, Government and Hausa.(ii) Arabic, Hausa and History.(iii) History, Government and Arabic.(iv) Economics, Geography and Government.
(v) Economics Geography and Sociology.
(vi) Geography, Government and Sociology.
(vii) Government, Hausa and Sociology.
(viii) Islamic Studies, Hausa and History.
(ix) Hausa, History and Government.
(x) Yoruba, History and Government.
(xi) lgbo, History and Government.
(xii) French, History and Government
(xiii) Yoruba, History and sociology
(xiv) Igbo, Sociology and History
(xv) Hausa, History and Sociology
(xvi) French, History and Sociology
(xvii) Islamic Studies/CRS, Hausa and History
English Language and General Mathematics are compulsory for all students regardless of their groups as determined by their subject combination.
Qualification for degree
- To successfully transit from the Preliminary and Remedial Programmes to a degree programme, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Obtain a minimum CGPA of 2.0 from three (3) subjects.
- Register the 2019/2020 JAMB/UTME examination and obtain a minimum score of 160 and
- Choose Nigerian Army University Biu as their first choice of Institution during the JAMB/UTME registration.
- Remedy all O’Level deficiencies (For Remedial students)
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Candidates are to obtain admission forms from the Registrar’s office after showing evidence for the payment of N5000 (Five Thousand Naira Only) through the Remita Platform by following the steps below:
- Log onto remita.net
- Click on: Pay FGN and State TSA
- Select: Federal Government of Nigeria
- Select: Nigerian Army University Biu (Name of MDA)
- Select: Application Fees from the drop-down Menu
- Indicate the amount (N5000)
- Proceed to make Payment using your preferred method from the listed options
- Ensure to print your Receipt of Payment clearly showing your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR).
- Duly completed forms are to be mailed back to the Nigerian Army University’s address at: No 1 Biu-Gombe Road, PMB 1500, Biu Borno state, Nigeria or be dropped off at any designated sale of form point as may be created by NAUB.
CLOSURE OF APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION
- Applications will close on Monday the 9th of November 2019. All forms not submitted before the closing date will not be processed for admission. Candidates are therefore advised to visit the University’s as well as the Nigerian Army websites at: www.naub.edu.ng and www.army.mil.ng from time to time for important updates after application. Candidates are also warned to beware of fraudsters posing as NAUB agents. For further enquiry, please Email: [email protected]