BRIGADIER GENERAL HY ABDULHAMID FSS MSS DSS PhD (N/9810)
1. Brigadier General Harbo Yahya ABDULHAMID was born on 12 January 1969 at Harbo Tsohuwa Ward in Jahun Local Government Area of Jigawa State. He started his formal education at Harbo Central Primary School from where he proceeded to Government Day Secondary School, Hadejia for his Junior Secondary Education and Government Secondary School, Aujara for Senior Secondary Education and obtained General Certificate of Education (O’Level) GCE. He obtained his First Degree in History and Religious Studies from Bayero University Kano. HY Abdulhamid was commissioned into the Nigerian Army on the 25th September, 1993 as a member of Nigeria National Guard/Direct Regular Course (NNG/DRC) Course and was deployed to the Nigerian Army Education Corps. Abdulhamid further attended University of Ilorin for Master’s Degree in Political History. He further bagged the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Military History from the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna. Abdulhamid has other academic qualifications that include Specialist Certificate Course in Law Enforcement and Preventive Diplomacy from University of Lagos and post Graduate Diploma in Education from National Teachers’ Institute (NTI) Kaduna, Sokoto Study Center.
2. Abdulhamid is a personality with vast experience in the Administration of Educational Institutions and Services for over 29 years, His vast experience includes: Supervision of Command Children and Army Primary Schools, Principal of Command Secondary Schools, Lecturer of History at Nigerian Army College of Education and also Lecturer at Nigerian Defence Academy. He was an Academic Director of History, Research and Archives at the National Defence College, Abuja, Rector Nigerian Army College of Environmental Science and Technology, Makurdi from where he got posted to his current position as the Registrar Nigerian Army Univeristy, Biu.
3. He has attended several career development and general capacity building courses, seminars and workshops that include: YOC Education and Infantry, NAEC Officers Development Course both basic and advanced. Basic SAT and Curriculum Course both Basic and Advanced, Junior Staff Course (A) Military Observer Course and Executive Management Course amongst others. The posting history of Abdulhamid Include: Instructor at NASE, SO2 at HQ NAEC, lecturer at NDA, Commandant at CDSS Ikeja, CSS Kaduna and at CSS Ohafia.
4. Abdulhamid participated in United Nations Peace Support Operation in Sierra-Leone, Ethiopia and Sudan (Dafur), in the year 2002 and 2007 respectively.
5. For his meritorious service to the Nigerian Army, Brigadier General HY Abdulhamid have the following awards and medals:
a. African Union Mission in (Dafur) Sudan medal.
b. Forces Service Star (FSS).
c. Meritorious Service Star (MSS).
d. Distinguish Service Star (DSS).
e. Commander Medal (CM).
6. Brig Gen HY Abdulhamid is married and blessed with both male and female children. His hobbies include: reading, teaching and adventured travels.