The Faculty of Arts, Management and Social Sciences is one of the five faculties that debuted in the University and currently in operation. It is, indeed, the largest Faculty as it houses Arts, Management and the Social Sciences, as specified by the current Academic Brief. Since inception, it was operating at the inherited structure from the Nigerian Army Institute of Technology until November, 2020 when it moved to its permanent site, locating two kilometers away.
The Faculty has the following departments under its purview; Departments of Accounting, Languages, Military History, Political Sciences, Management, Sociology and Geography. Under the current arrangement, most of the departments were spread into sub-units for administrative convenience.
The Department of Languages, for instance, currently comprises three units which include; English, Arabic and French. While English and Arabic have admitted students since inception (2018/2019 Academic Session), French is still servicing its sister units and other intra-faculty functions. Similarly, the Department of Political Science has two units viz; Political Science and International Relations. The Department of Management also has the following units; Management, Economics and Transports and Logistics. In the same vein, Sociology comprises Sociology, Psychology and Criminology and Peace Studies.
The Dean FAMSS
Professor Mahir Harun Mahir was born in 1963 and acquired his early informal Islamic knowledge from his parents. He attended El-Falah Islamiya School, Higher Islamic College, El-Kanemi College of Islamic Theology all in Maiduguri; He also attended Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, and University of Maiduguri. Mahir obtained both Junior and Senior Secondary School Certificates from El-Kanemi College Maiduguri; Advanced Diploma in Arabic Education from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria; Bachelor Degree Combined Honor in Linguistics/Arabic, Masters in Public Administration (MPA), Masters in Arabic Studies and Ph D. Arabic Studies all from the University of Maiduguri. He served as Classroom Teacher as well as Headmaster.
He also worked with the Nigeria Arabic Language Village (NALV), Inter-University Center for Arabic Studies, from 2006 as a Graduate Assistant up to the rank of Associate Professor in 2018, where he served in different capacities, such as… Read More
DEPARTMENTS AND THEIR HEADS
- Department of Accounting: Is headed by Dr. S.J. Inyada; The B.Sc. Accounting programme in the Department of Accounting is one of the pioneering programmes that the University started academic activities with in the 2018/2019 academic session. Admission into the B.Sc. Accounting programme started with the admission of 29 students in the 2018/2019 academic session. In the second year, the University admitted 43 students into.. Read More
- Department of Geography: Is headed by Dr. Olusola Samuel AFOLAYAN; Department is one of the foundation academic programs of the faculty of Arts, Management and Social Sciences when it was first established in October 2018/2019, the same year NAUB took off with its academic programs. The department took off with five academic and two non-academic staff. The department of Geography has at various.. Read More
- Department of Languages: Is headed by Mahir H. Mahir; It was conceptualized to undertake programmes in Nigerian and Foreign Languages. However, it currently runs programmes in only English and Arabic Languages, with French servicing the English Language programme. Accordingly, the Department has admitted two sets of students, matriculated in the 2018/2019 and 20119 academic sessions, respectively. While implementing the.. Read More
- Department of Management: Is headed by Emmanuel L. Balami The history of Management Studies Department can be traced back to the establishment of the Programmes in the Faculty of Arts, Management and Social Sciences. The Faculty offered a full range of Arts, Management and Social Sciences related qualifications for students the department of being one of the pioneer department in NAUB Commenced academic activities in.. Read More
- Department of Military History: is headed by Henry Gyang Mang; The Department of Military History (MLH) Nigerian Army University Biu, is the first and only of its kind in Nigeria, being the only Department of History in the country to offer a specified Bachelor of Arts degree in Military History. While other institutions offer Military or Strategic Studies in the post-graduate level, NAUB MLH has built a rich and robust curriculum for undergraduate students, which provides.. Read More
- Department of Political Sciences: Is headed by Major Z. Apamshan (PhD); The Department runs three academic programs: B.Sc. International Relations, B.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution and B.Sc. Political Science. Entry points for the programmes include the four year module where students are admitted through JAMB/UTME and the three-year Direct Entry module where.. Read More
- Department of Sociology: Is headed by Dr Oduwole Tajudeen Adebowale; The Department is one of the pioneer Departments of the Nigerian Army University. The Department comprise of three degree programmes; B.Sc Criminology and Security Studies, B.Sc Sociology, and B.Sc Psychology. Dr. Augustine Ejiro Ebiai as the pioneer Head of Department (2019 -2022). Currently, the Department has.. Read More